A quick-drying, general-purpose primer/undercoat for timber and (untreated) hardboard prior to the application of Crown Super Gloss Paint, Eggshell Enamel etc.
Characteristics: Lead-free pigmentation incorporated in a P.V.A./Acrylic co-polymer emulsion medium.
Advantages: Water thinned, rapid drying. Re-coatable in under 4 hours in dry conditions. Enables a three-coat system of primer, undercoat and finish to be applied in one day in good drying conditions.
Application: Apply to new and unpainted timber by brush, roller or spray.
Thinning: Supplied ready for use. For spray application thin to spraying viscosity with clean water. Avoid over thinning otherwise the opacity will be affected. Stir well before use.
Drying Times: Touch dry ½ hour. Re-coatable after 3-4 hours in dry conditions.
Equipment Cleaner: Water.
Colour Range: White (ex-stock). Colours can be supplied by prior arrangement for large housing projects etc.
Pack Sizes: 1 litre, 4 litres and 20 litres.
Crown Ultraguard Protect Silicone Extreme
Type: Premium quality emulsion based on German Silicone Technology preferred by leading architects worldwide.
Uses: It is suitable for new, previously painted plaster, cement, brick, stone and many other surfaces including soft-board and hardboard ceilings and walls, asbestos sheets.
- Visible water repellency effect.
- Fully breathable.
- Dirt repellent.
- Excellent opacity.
- Easy to apply-no special application or equipment needed.
- Rapid drying i.e. one can apply two coats the same day.
- Can be applied on all types of surfaces subject to normal preparation.
- A waterborne system and is odour free.
- Wide colour range.
- Long term protection; the life expectancy of 15 years.
- Reduced maintenance costs.
- Tested and qualifies the efficacy at well-known international laboratories.
- Suitable for almost all architectural structures like exterior masonry.
- Crack bridging for hairline cracks up to 1mm.
Conditions during application: The temperature of the substrate should be minimum 10°C and at least 3°C above the dew point of the air, measured near the substrate. Good ventilation is required in confined areas to ensure proper drying.
Colour Range: Available in a range of over 11,000 colours from Ambiance Plus, RAL, BS 4800 and various colour charts through the dispensing system.
Pack Sizes: 1 Litre, 4 Litres and 20 Litres
Thinner & equipment cleaner: Water
Dilution Ratio: Maximum 15% by volume with water. Avoid over-thinning as this will affect the opacity. Stir well before use.
Drying Times: Surface dry 1-hour max & Hard dry after 4 hours max.