The following are our Terms and Conditions:-
1. Scope of Work: The construction company shall carry out the construction activities in compliance with the approved plans, specifications and design documents provided by the client. Any deviation from the approved works shall be with the prior approval of the client.
2. Price: The construction company shall provide a quotation or estimate of the cost of the works to be carried out, including any additional expenses that may arise during construction. This estimate shall be approved by the client and bound into a contract.
3. Payment: The construction company shall be paid in accordance with the payment schedule or milestone payment schedule as specified in the contract.
4. Delay and Time Overruns: The construction company shall make all efforts to complete the construction as per the agreed timelines. However, if there is a delay due to unforeseen circumstances, the construction company shall not be held responsible for any resulting damages. However, should the delay be as a result of negligence on the part of the contractor then adequate compensation shall be made as per the laws of Kenya.
5. Quality Assurance: The construction company shall carry out the construction activities as per the agreed quality standards. Any defects or non-conformities observed during the construction activities shall be promptly reported to the client.
6. Safety and OHS: The construction company shall ensure that all necessary safety measures are taken to safeguard the workers, site occupants and the general public. The company shall comply with all applicable regulations and laws relating to occupational health and safety.
7. Intellectual Property: The construction company shall not disclose any confidential information or intellectual property of the client or any other third party to any unauthorized person. All documents and materials related to the construction works shall be the property of the client.
8. Termination: The construction company or the client may terminate the contract for any reason with prior written notice to the other party. Upon termination, the construction company shall complete the unfinished construction works and handover the site to the client.
9. Disputes: Any disputes arising from the contract shall be resolved amicably through negotiation. However, if the dispute cannot be resolved, the matter shall be referred to arbitration in accordance with the applicable laws of the Republic of Kenya.
10. Governing Law: The contract shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the region where the construction works are being carried out.